• Among OHL rookies in 2012-13, Bailey finished second with a plus-22 rating and tied for eighth with 17 goals (17-19--36) in 57 games.
• Bailey competed for the U.S. at the 2012 Under-18 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament. He also was selected for the 2012 All-American Prospects Game, but was unable to participate due to injury.
• He spent the 2011-12 season with the Long Island Royals Midget Under-16 National Team, recording 21 goals and 13 assists in 22 regular-season games. Coached by Hockey Hall of Famer Pat LaFontaine, the Royals won the Under-16 Tier I National Championship in April 2012. Bailey posted three points (2-1--3) in the team’s 5-1 victory over the Dallas Stars Elite in the championship game.
• In 2010-11, Bailey competed for the Buffalo Regals. He had a goal and an assist in the USA Hockey New York District Tournament 16-Under Tier I championship against the Long Island Royals.
• He is the son of former Buffalo Bills linebacker Carlton Bailey.
• On expert guidance from his neighbors: “Growing up in Buffalo, we lived in the same condo as Matthew Barnaby, Michael Peca and Rob Ray. Barnaby helped me along the way with a lot of decision-making . . . It's good to have someone who has your back. He's experienced everything that I'm going to experience this year."
Bailey rebounded from welcome-to-the-OHL moment (click here)
Eric and Jordan Staal
“Fake shot, couple of moves, backhand, five-hole”
NHL 36, Family Guy
2 Chainz, Lil Wayne, Kendrick Lamar
Facebook, Twitter, NHL.com