North American Skater
|LAST CLUB TEAM:
||Moose Jaw, WHL
||August 16, 1990
||Winnipeg, MB, CAN
- Won gold with Team Canada at the Under-18 IIHF World Championships in 2008 and helped lead Team Manitoba to a silver medal at the 2007 Canada Winter Games.
- He started skating at the age of three and played his first season with the St. Malo Warriors at the age of four – “I wanted to play because my brother did; I would always ask to go skating but refused to hold anyone’s hand because I wanted to do it all on my own”.
- Patterns his game after Calgary’s Dion Phaneuf – “he controls the game, he’s physical and he can play in all situations”
- Credits his parents as well as his coaches in Moose Jaw for having had the most influence on his career.
- His most memorable hockey moment was winning a silver medal at the Under-17 championships and his most embarrassing hockey moment was losing an on-ice practice bet with his team and having to shave his legs.
- If he could be in any one movie he would want to be in Mighty Ducks or Youngblood and if he wasn’t playing hockey he would want to go to law school.
- His nickname is Hammy and he wears number three for the Holy Trinity
- Sits on the Moose Jaw Youth City Advisory Committee and plays the bass guitar.
NHL Team: Montreal Canadiens
NHL Player: Calgary’s Dion Phaneuf
Shootout move: “Fake backhand to forehand, shoot top glove”
Goal celebration: “Double fist pump in the air”
Video Game: NHL 07 and Guitar Hero
TV Show: Friday Night Lights and The O.C.
Actor/Actress: Will Ferrell
Artist: Kenny Chesney
Website: TSN.ca and Facebook.com
Book: To Kill a Mockingbird
Pump-up song: “Change of Pace” by Weekend Warriors
Food to cook: Pasta
Sport (other than hockey): Football
Activity away from the rink: Being with the guys, golf and training
Toy growing up: Mini sticks
Place to shop: Hollister and Abercrombie
Place to visit: Anywhere warm or out west in the mountains