• Selected as the Best Forward at the 2014 Under-18 World Championship after leading all players in assists (10) and points (16) in seven games. Sweden finished fourth in the tournament.
• Nylander is the son of Michael, who played for seven teams during a 920-game, 15-season NHL career. “He’s very influential, he’s helped me every day. I played with him last season and he helped me a lot both on and off the ice.”
• He had seven points (1-6—7) in 22 games with MODO of the Swedish Hockey League in 2013-14, and played with his father for part of the season when he was loaned to Rogle in Sweden’s second division (4-4—8 in 18 games).
• In 2012-13, Nylander led his junior team with 43 points (15-28—43) in 27 regular-season games before joining his father on the club’s professional team. As a 16-year-old playing with Sodertalje, he posted 6-3—9 in 28 regular-season and playoff games.
• Nylander won gold with Sweden at the 2013 World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, leading the tournament with eight assists and finishing tied for second in scoring with 2-8—10 in six games. He also represented his country at the 2013 Ivan Hlinka Memorial and at the 2013 Under-18 World Championship.
• He played minor hockey with Team Maryland of the American Youth Hockey League before joining the Chicago Mission Under-14 team in 2010-11 where he posted 34-27—61 in 29 games, helping the team to the USA Hockey national championship game.
KAPANEN, NYLANDER HEADLINE EUROPEAN RANKINGS (click here)