|New York Islanders
16-22-7 (39 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
27-12-4 (58 points - 3rd in Central Division, 5th in Western Conference)
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Chris King; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WHRU 88.7 FM, LI News 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Greg Picker; Color: Rob Joyce
|2011-12 season series (0-0-1)
The Islanders lost their only meeting with the Avalanche in 2011-12, falling 4-3 in overtime at Pepsi Center. Josh Bailey, Brian Rolston and Michael Grabner had the Isles up 3-0, but the Avs clawed their way back into the game, forcing OT. Kyle Quincey completed the comeback in the extra frame, scoring a power-play goal.
Nov. 10, 2011: COL 4, NYI 3 OT - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|Avalanche player to watch
Matt Duchene - Forward
One of the top prospects in the 2009 draft class, Matt Duchene is becoming a star center in Denver. Duchene leads the Avalanche in goals (16) and points (38) and is tied for the team lead in assists (22). The third-overall pick is on pace for his best statistical season and is currently top-25 in the NHL points. Duchene was recently named to the Canadian Olympic hockey team.
• Tavares on Fire: John Tavares has eight points (3g/5a) in his last two games and is tied for second in league scoring (20-34-54).
• Road Streak: The Islanders have won five straight games away from Nassau Coliseum.
• Vanek (also) on Fire: Thomas Vanek has points in 10 straight games (5-10-15) – a career best.
• Special Teams: The Islanders 12th-ranked power play has scored nine times in the last five games.
• Tavares vs. Duchene: The first and third overall picks in 2009 go head-to-head for the first time in over two years. The pre-draft rivals could play together in Sochi, as both were named to the Canadian Olympic team.
|New York Islanders previous game lines
26 Thomas Vanek - 91 John Tavares - 29 Brock Nelson
12 Josh Bailey - 51 Frans Nielsen - 21 Kyle Okposo
40 Michael Grabner - 18 Ryan Strome - 15 Cal Clutterbuck
17 Matt Martin - 53 Casey Cizikas - 36 Eric Boulton
37 Brian Strait - 47 Andrew MacDonald
44 Calvin de Haan - 3 Travis Hamonic
7 Matt Carkner - 14 Thomas Hickey
60 Kevin Poulin
45 Anders Nilsson
|Colorado Avalanche previous game lines
92 Gabriel Landeskog – 26 Paul Stastny – 7 John Mitchell
29 Nathan Mackinnon – 9 Matt Duchene – 11 Jamie McGinn
55 Cody McLeod – 24 Marc-Andrew Cliché – 25 Max Talbot
42 Brad Malone – 14 David Van Der Gulik – 58 Patrick Bordeleau
8 Jan Hejda – 6 Erik Johnson
16 Cory Sarich – 61 Andre Benoit
4 Tyson Barrie – 2 Nick Holden
1 Semyon Varlamov
35 Jean-Sebastien Giguere
|Quote of the Day:
Kevin Poulin on Tuesday’s Win:
|Back to top ↑|