|New York Islanders
19-24-7 (45 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
25-19-5 (55 points - 2nd in Metropolitan Division, 5th in Eastern Conference)
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Howie Rose; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WHRU 88.7 FM, WRCN 103.9 FM
Play-by-play :Chris King
|2013-14 season series (0-3-0)
The Islanders lost all three meetings with the Flyers this season, including both games at Wells Fargo Center. In their most recent outing, the Islanders had a 4-3 lead entering the third period, but could not hang on, eventually losing 6-4. John Tavares, Cal Clutterbuck, Brock Nelson and Brian Strait scored for the Islanders. The Isles chased Flyers starter Steve Mason, but Ray Emery earned the win in relief.
Jan.18, 2014: PHI 6, NYI 4 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|Flyers player to watch
Andrej Meszaros - Defense
Flyers defenseman Andrej Meszaros is on fire, with nine points (3g/6a) in his last six games. Meszaros has shown some offensive prowess in his career, having surpassed 30 points four times in nine seasons. The Slovakian defenseman was recently named to the Slovakian Olympic squad. Meszaros scored two first-period goals against the Islanders on Saturday, marking his third career two-goal game against the Isles.
• Rematch: The Islanders get another crack at the Flyers less than 48 hours after Saturday’s loss.
• Series Wrap Up: The Isles and Flyers wrap up their season series this afternoon. The Flyers lead the series three games to none.
• Metropolitan Division: The Islanders play the second of four straight games against the Metropolitan division. Six of their next eight games are against Metro division opponents.
• Visnovsky Practices: Lubomir Visnovsky practiced with the team for the first time since suffering a concussion on Oct. 19.
• Returning Home: After six straight on the road, the Islanders play their next seven games in New York and on Long Island.
|New York Islanders previous game lines
26 Thomas Vanek – 91 John Tavares – 21 Kyle Okposo
12 Josh Bailey – 51 Frans Nielsen – 15 Cal Clutterbuck
40 Michael Grabner – 29 Brock Nelson – 13 Colin McDonald
17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 36 Eric Boulton
37 Brian Strait – 47 Andrew MacDonald
46 Matt Donovan – 44 Calvin de Haan
14 Thomas Hickey – 7 Matt Carkner
60 Kevin Poulin
45 Anders Nilsson
|Philadelphia Flyers previous game lines
12 Michael Raffl – 28 Claude Giroux – 93 Jakub Voracek
19 Scott Hartnell – 10 Brayden Schenn – 17 Wayne Simmonds
24 Matt Read – 14 Sean Couturier – 40 Vincent Lecavalier
9 Steve Downie – 18 Adam Hall – 37 Jay Rosehill
44 Kimmo Timonen – 5 Braydon Coburn
32 Mark Streit – 8 Nicklas Grossmann
22 Luke Schenn – 41 Andrej Meszaros
35 Steve Mason
29 Ray Emery
|Quote of the Day:
Islanders defenseman Lubomir Visnovsky:
"I feel like a hockey player right now because when I wake up, my legs are sore, not just my head. My body feels like it did before and it's a great feeling. I am happy to skate with the guys."
|Back to top ↑|