|New York Islanders
33-37-11 (77 points – 8th in Metropolitan Division, 14th in Eastern Conference)
21-51-9 (51 points - 8th in Atlantic Division, 16th in Eastern Conference)
First Niagara Center
Television: MSG PLUS
Play-by-play: Jiggs McDonald; Color: Butch Goring
Radio: WRHU 88.7 FM, LI News Radio 103.9 FM
Play-by-play: Chris King
• Season Finale: The Islanders wrap up the 2013-14 season in Buffalo.
• Road Islanders: The Islanders have 17 wins in their last 25 road games. The Isles have 20 road wins this season, the eighth time in franchise history.
• Ironman: Thomas Hickey is expected to play his 82nd game this season, becoming the only Islander to play every game this season. Hickey has been a reliable defensive presence on the Isles blue line.
• Season Finale: The Sabres wrap up the 2013-14 season against the Islanders.
• Goalie Carousel: The Sabres have dressed nine different goaltenders this season.
• Team Leaders: Cody Hodgson leads the Sabres with 44 points, Tyler Ennis leads the team with 21 goals and Christian Ehrhoff leads the team with 27 assists.
• Nolan: The Sabres have removed the interim title from head coach Ted Nolan and extended his contract.
|Islanders player to watch
Anders Lee - Forward
Anders Lee has been an offensive asset since his call up in February, scoring 12 points (seven goals, five assists) in 21 games. Lee is currently playing on the Islanders top line with Frans Nielsen and Josh Bailey and scored his seventh goal of the season Friday night against the New Jersey Devils. The Edina, MN, native has one assist against the Sabres this season.
|Sabres player to watch
Drew Stafford - Forward
Drew Strafford is third in Sabres scoring with 34 points (16G/18A) in 69 games. The 1st-round pick in the 2004 NHL draft has been with the Sabres throughout his eight-year career. Strafford has collected two points this against the Islanders this season, picking up an assist in both meetings. Strafford has three points (one goal, two assists) in his last three games.
|2013-14 season series (1-0-1)
The Islanders and Sabres split the season series with one win apiece. The Islanders defeated the Sabres 4-1 at Nassau Coliseum in their most recent meeting on Mar. 15. Frans Nielsen, Kyle Okposo, Ryan Strome, and Cal Clutterbuck scored for the Islanders.
Mar. 15, 2014: NYI 4, BUF 1 - RECAP, BOX SCORE, HIGHLIGHTS
|New York Islanders previous game lines
27 Anders Lee – 51 Frans Nielsen – 12 Josh Bailey
56 John Persson – 29 Brock Nelson – 18 Ryan Strome
17 Matt Martin – 53 Casey Cizikas – 13 Colin McDonald
43 Mike Halmo – 59 Brett Gallant – 49 Justin Johnson
14 Thomas Hickey – 3 Travis Hamonic
46 Matt Donovan – 7 Matt Carkner
24 Kevin Czuczman – 42 Scott Mayfield
45 Anders Nilsson
20 Evgeni Nabokov
|Buffalo Sabres previous game lines
27 Matt D’Agostini – 63 Tyler Ennis – 21 Drew Strafford
19 Cody Hodgson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 80 Chris Stewart
82 Marcus Foligno – 65 Brian Flynn – 17 Torrey Mitchell
32 John Scott – 37 Matt Ellis – 88 Cory Conacher
10 Christian Ehrhoff – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen
20 Henirk Tallinder – 6 Mike Weber
29 Jake McCabe – 4 Jamie McBain
31 Matt Hackett
49 Connor Knapp
|Quote of the Day:
Jack Capuano on the Isles shootout winners
In a shootout guys use their skill. After we watched Steven Stamkos beat us down in Tampa, guys practiced [the spin-o-rama] in practice.”
|Back to top ↑|