MEMOIRS OF AN ISLANDERS FAN: Islanders vs. Rangers Game #1
Send in your best story about an Islanders-Rangers game experience and it may be published in an upcoming issue of Islanders
The Islanders will introduce ISLANDERS ILLUSTRATED, a new game program to be distributed free of charge at a select number of home games throughout the 2007-08 season. Here's how Islanders fans can participate!
Each edition will feature not just content produced within the hallowed walls of the Nassau Coliseum executive offices, but will also include contributions from you, the fans. The unique section will be known as "Memoirs Of An Islanders Fan" and will include stories written solely by the fans.
So far we have received some well thought out and gripping stories for our first two editions focusing on the Home Opener and Kids’ Opener. Keep up the good work!
For the third edition, set for distribution at Islanders Mean Business Night when the Rangers visit the Nassau Coliseum for the first of four meetings on Long Island on October 10, we're asking fans to email us their best experience involving an Islanders-Rangers game. It could tell the story of a classic contest at the Coliseum or Madison Square Garden.
Throughout the summer, check back to newyorkislanders.com each week for a new topic of discussion for another edition of "Memoirs of an Islanders Fan."
- Limit all stories to 200 words or less and send them electronically to Jlockhart@newyorkislanders.com.
- The deadline for this submission is September 7.
- Include your name and hometown, so you can earn the well-deserved byline credit in Islanders Illustrated.
- To ensure that your entry is received properly, copy and paste the story directly into the e-mail. Please DO NOT send any attachments.
- Please enter only ONE submission for each topic.
Good luck, and have fun!