Islanders@School Program Returning for 2013-14 School Year
All elementary schools across Long Island are eligible for the program. Each event will feature special guests from the Islanders including Sparky the Dragon and arena hostess Dina.
Don’t miss out on the coolest school assembly on Long Island!
Details on each assembly can be found below:
Orange & Blue + You Assembly
The Orange & Blue + You Assembly stresses the importance of making smart decisions, eating healthy and staying active. During this interactive assembly, the Islanders arena hostess, Dina, along with team mascot, Sparky, help students realize why being committed to making smart decisions is important in school and life.
• 30-minute interactive assembly given by Islanders arena hostess and mascot
• Video involving current players and coaches
• Physical exercise warm-up for students
• Demonstration/audience interaction throughout the assembly
• Question and answer throughout the course of the assembly
• Students receive gifts at the end of the assembly
The program will be available during mornings from October 21 through the first week of March 2014. Schools are booked on a first come, first serve basis. This program is free to schools. If you’re interested in learning more or booking an assembly for your school, click here.
Islanders School Day Program
Islanders School Day is a one-day assembly, in which the entire team visits Long Island elementary schools to speak with students about the importance of education, staying active, eating healthy and making smart decisions in life. The assembly allows students to learn these vital life lessons from professional athletes.
• Islanders players visit your school!
• Players speak with students about making positive life choices
• Open to all elementary schools on Long Island via a website promotion that will run starting in September through the beginning of October
• Question and Answer sessions
This program is run as a ticket fundraiser contest to schools. If your school is interested in participating, click here. For more information on any of the programs, call 1-800-882-ISLES Ext. 4