Beginning March 21, bring your scratch-off card to the cashier on your next visit to the Nassau Coliseum Team Store, scratch it off and you will instantly receive one of the following prizes:
•$10 off any purchase of $50 or more
•$15 off any purchase of $75 or more
•$20 off any purchase of $100 or more
•$40 off any purchase of $125 or more
•$50 off any purchase of $150 or more
•Autographed game puck ($35 value)
•Personalized third jersey ($229 value)
“Player Autographed Jersey” Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
OFFICIAL RULES AND REGULATIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY
1. ELIGIBILITY. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY to enter or win and your odds of winning will not be enhanced by your purchase of any New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P. (“Islanders”) tickets or merchandise. The “Player Autographed Jersey” Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to legal residents of the City of New York, Nassau County and Suffolk County in the State of New York who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Employees and their immediate families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) of the Islanders, the National Hockey League and its member teams (“NHL”), NHL Enterprises, L.P., SMG, and each of the aforementioned entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries, divisions, directors, officers, members, partners, trustees, franchisees, governors, agents, owners, shareholders, participating vendors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies and affiliated entities’ employees, and each of their respective families (spouses, siblings, children, household members and the spouses and children of the foregoing) (collectively, the “Sweepstakes Entities”), are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants and winners agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Regulations (the “Official Rules”). The Islanders reserve the right to modify, amend or supplement these Official Rules without notice at any time in the Islanders’ sole discretion. The Sweepstakes is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations. Some restrictions apply. Void wherever prohibited or restricted by law.
2. HOW TO ENTER. The Sweepstakes runs from March 21, 2013 at 9 a.m. to June 29, 2013 at 5 p.m. (the “Promotional Period”). During the Promotional Period, persons entering the turnstiles to attend Islanders’ games at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York (the “Coliseum”) will receive a scratch-off card. Eligible individuals can enter the Sweepstakes by filling out the entry form on the back of the scratch-off card in its entirety, which will include stating the individual’s name, address, city, state, zip code, telephone number (including area code), date of birth and e-mail address, and signing, dating and submitting the entry in the entry box at the Islanders Team Store at the Coliseum.
The Promotional Period ends at 5 p.m. on June 29, 2013 and all entries must be received by such time and date. One entry per person. All entries must be made in person at the Islanders Team Store at Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, New York. The Winner (defined below) will be required to provide the Islanders with proof of identity. Incomplete entries are void and will not be accepted. The Islanders are not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late or illegible entries. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by the Islanders, will render the entrant ineligible. The Islanders reserve the right, in their discretion, to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes should any cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of the Islanders and will not be returned. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person.
3. HOW TO WIN. One (1) Prize (defined herein) winner (the “Winner”) will be selected by the Islanders. All entries must be submitted by 5 p.m. on June 29, 2013 (an “Eligible Entry”). On June 30, 2013, the Islanders will conduct a random drawing from all Eligible Entries to select the Winner. The Sweepstakes will be administered by the Islanders, the decisions of which in all matters regarding the Sweepstakes, including selection of the Winner, is final and binding. The Winner shall be notified by telephone by an Islanders representative on June 30, 2013 or via U.S. mail. Winner must meet all eligibility requirements, including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the name on the entry form.
4. PRIZE. The Winner will win a jersey signed by a New York Islander player (the “Prize”). The aggregate value of the Prize is impossible to determine in advance due to the nature of the Sweepstakes, but the approximate value of the Prize is Three Hundred Dollars and Zero Cents ($300.00). The Islanders make no representation or warranty that the Prize can be sold, bartered or traded for or at stated value(s). The Winner is responsible for all federal, state, provincial and local taxes on the Prize and costs and expenses not specifically listed above relative to the acceptance and use of the Prize including, without limitation, taxes and insurance in connection with the use of the Prize. The Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold or transferred prior to the Prize’s delivery to the Winner and is not convertible to cash. The odds of winning will be determined by the number of Eligible Entries received.
If the Winner is unable to accept the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited in its entirety by the Winner. In the event the Winner is able to accept the Prize but the Prize cannot be delivered for any reason beyond the control of the Sponsor, then the Sponsor reserves the right to award a different or no prize at its discretion with no further obligation to the Winner.
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS; PUBLICITY. By entering this Sweepstakes, the Winner grants the Islanders the right, unless prohibited by law, to use his or her name, voice, pictures, likeness, opinions, biographical information, hometown and state, without further authorization or compensation, for the purpose of advertising and publicizing the goods and services of the Islanders and all matters related to the Sweepstakes in any manner or medium, through the world in perpetuity. The Winner will be required to sign and execute an affidavit of eligibility, tax acknowledgement forms, a liability release and, except where prohibited by law, a use of name and likeness release (“Winner Documents”) and return same to the Islanders within forty-eight (48) hours of issuance of the Prize or Prize notification. Noncompliance with this time period may result in disqualification. Return of the Prize or Prize notification as undeliverable or failure of a potential winner to respond to notification attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected at the Islanders’ sole discretion. In the event the Winner declines the Prize or fails to return completed Winner Documents, the Islanders may elect, at their sole discretion, to select an alternate winner. If no eligible alternate winner can be identified after reasonable attempts or if delays in obtaining the completed Winner Documents would make it impracticable to award the Prize to an alternate winner due to the timing of the Sweepstakes, no substitute prize will be awarded. In the event more winner notifications are issued, or more winning prize claims are received, than the number of prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, a random drawing will take place from all eligible prize claims for the prize at issue to award the proper number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules.
In the event of sabotage, acts of God or other events or causes beyond the Islanders’ reasonable control that corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, the Islanders reserve the right to cancel or suspend the Sweepstakes. In the event of cancellation, prizes will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. Notice of cancellation will be posted at www.newyorkislanders.com.
6. WAIVER AND RELEASE. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants (and their respective parents/legal guardians) agree to release the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims or causes of action of any kind arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or resulting, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation personal injury, death, and/or property damage, as well as claims based on publicity rights, defamation and/or invasion of privacy.
7. CONSTRUCTION. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of any contestant and the Islanders, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of New York, or any other jurisdiction) that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than New York. In any action brought to enforce the obligation or right of any party hereunder, such party consents to personal jurisdiction and venue in any court of appropriate jurisdiction in Nassau County, New York. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein. The Sweepstakes is conducted in the English language and the Islanders shall not be responsible for any printing, typographical, administrative or technological errors in the offer, presentation or administration of the Sweepstakes. All time references in these Official Rules are Eastern Time, which shall control for all purposes of this Sweepstakes.
9. OFFICIAL RULES AND WINNER LIST REQUESTS. For a copy of either the Official Rules or the Winner List, send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the following address within thirty (30) days after the end for the Sweepstakes (please indicate “John Tavares Game-Worn Jersey” Sweepstakes Official Rules and/or Winner List): New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P., 1255 Hempstead Turnpike, Uniondale, NY 11553.
SPONSOR: New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P.
© New York Islanders Hockey Club, L.P. All Rights Reserved