In partnership with Most Valuable Kids of Greater New York (MVK), a non-profit ticket distribution organization, the New York Islanders will offer a ticket donation program to Season Ticket Subscribers.
MVK's mission is to reward children through the not for profit organizations that serve them, by offering them the opportunity to attend cultural events, professional and collegiate sports and entertainment events. MVK's goal is to foster the development of self-esteem and promote a deeper understanding of the benefits of exemplary behavior, hard work and perseverance during adolescent and teenage years.
MVK provides an outlet for ticket holders of sporting, cultural and entertainment events to distribute their tickets that might otherwise go unused to children in need. MVK offers ticket donors an easy opportunity to give back to the community while potentially receiving a tax deduction for their donation and adding a smile to a child's face.
All future game ticket donations must be transferred electronically via My New York Islanders Account. Tickets may be transferred commencing two weeks prior to the game date/time and lasting until 72 hours prior to the game date/time. The New York Islanders are not responsible for any tickets that are not sent directly to Most Valuable Kids via My New York Islanders Account.
How to Donate Your Tickets
• Go to newyorkislanders.com and select My New York Islanders Account from the Tickets menu.
• To access your My New York Islanders Account, please use your Ticket License Number and Password to login. If you do not know your My New York Islanders Account password, please click on "Forgot Your Password?" and follow the online instructions.
• Once you login to your My New York Islanders Account, click the "Donate Tickets" button.
• Select the game you would like to donate.
• Select the seats you would like to donate. You have the option to transfer all or some of your tickets for any one game in a transaction. MVK will NOT accept a donation of a single seat.
• Click "Donate to Charity."
• Click "Donate Now."
Please note, tickets must be donated at least 72 hours prior to the game date/time.
Important Information to Islanders Season Ticket Holders
• Most Valuable Kids has 48 hours to accept or reject the transfer invitation. In either case, you will receive an email advising of MVK's decision. If no action is taken by MVK within 48 hours, the transfer invitation will automatically be canceled and you and MVK will receive an email advising of the transfer cancellation.
• MVK is not responsible for providing a Tax Donation letter if the transfer invitation is rejected.
• Once your ticket transfer has been accepted by MVK, the barcodes on your original tickets will be deactivated, so they will not be accepted for admission. Do not discard your tickets until you receive an email acknowledgement that MVK has accepted the transfer.
• You may cancel a transfer within the 48 hour window only if MVK has not yet acted on the invitation. To cancel a pending invitation, click the "My Account" and "View/Cancel Pending Transfer" links upon signing in.
• A ticket transfer transaction becomes final once MVK accepts the transfer. No cancellations or refunds will be made following the Ticket Transfer acceptance.
• Ticket transfers to MVK must be initiated 72 hours prior to the game date/time.
• Ticket donations will be capped at 150 tickets per game.
• The Tax Donation letter will be provided via email by Most Valuable Kids to the donor 7-10 business days.